Since 2011, Young Vision Africa has been providing education, employment, healthcare, and homes for
youth, children, and families in Sierra Leone.
Our mission is to empower young leaders in Sierra Leone to fulfill their dreams of helping and changing their country.
We do this…
- from a tiny village apartment where our five high school boys study and grow their leadership skills, integrity, and character.
- in our crowded one-room schoolhouse where 75 children learn to read and write instead of laboring in the fields.
- in our church, which is the first place in the area to let young women participate in leadership and give them a model for independence as a woman (which is otherwise unheard of).
- through our young adult orphan employees (not one is over 30 years old), who run our whole organization in Sierra Leone;
- and through the commitment of weekly U.S. mentors and volunteers who break barriers by traveling to the ‘below third world’ of the Salone bush.
We are particular about a few things.
We exist for the benefit of those in need in Africa. To benefit, they must grow in self-sufficient strength, NOT dependency. We steer away from welfare and donor-driven initiatives and steer toward sacrifice, unity, and honesty.
We are also a tremendous opportunity for any American looking to give to something hardcore, real and effective. Our faithful donors give small amounts that are converted into life-changing projects. If you realize that you have a responsibility to help those in need, then you need to join us.
We would never make a pretense to be successful in this without the Grace of God, which we seek to submit to. Many of the things we have done have started from nothing and only with Faith. Five teachers walking 20 miles towards a training program with no way to pay for it, a missionary moving to the heart of Sierra Leone, without even money for her food in place, or for that matter running an organization month to month, with no money in the bank. This is Young Vision Africa – spontaneity, the future and the belief that we’ve got help in high places.
A brighter future is possible.
MAKING IT HAPPEN
From striking success at fighting Ebola and HIV, to introducing new forms of education, we’ve seen that with God’s direction and a tiny bit of resources, we can bring about exciting change. Improving health, creating literacy and confidence, enabling altruism and faith…these are seeds that we want to grow into a better future for Sierra Leone.
BE PART OF THE VISION
What can you do to help?
Sponsor a child
About 100 children are learning English and other basics in an open air structure while we continue to fundraise for the school.
Inspire a future leader
Mentor the young people in Sierra Leone to add character and love to their sponsorship with YVA.
Sponsor a teacher!
For $100/month you could make a classroom of students work every day to stop illiteracy. This is an amazing opportunity.
Help us change lives today…
Reach us for questions or more info.